Certificate of Origin
Some destinations require a CofO for certain commodities. The purpose of the CofO is to authenticate the country of origin of the merchandise being shipped.
Various countries have limitations on the introduction of commodities from certain other countries and may apply duty to these commodities or ban them altogether. On the other hand, there may be tax benefits on items from specific supply sources. In such cases, an exporter will require to present a Certificate of Origin, which is certified by a designated regulatory authority. This form requires the authorized signature of the local Chamber of Commerce Secretary and the seal of that organization.
COFO CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
- Business/Exporter must be located in Oregon.
- Exporter Representation Form requires authorized representative signature, printed on company letterhead (kept on file at the Chamber).
- Disclaimer Required on Each Certificate:
The Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce, a recognized Chamber of Commerce under the laws of the State of Oregon, USA, certifies in reliance on the exporter’s representation and not on the basis of independent verification, that to the best of its knowledge and belief, the products named in this document originated in (City, County, State, Country)________________. The Chamber assumes no responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any statements contained in said representation or any of the documents mentioned therein.
FEE FOR COFO CERTIFICATION / SEAL
- Non-partner: $50 per document
- Partner: $25 per document
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POWER OF ATTORNEY
- Power of Attorney Form signed by Chamber President and authorized representative.
- Copies mailed to the Chamber quarterly with payment of $15 per CofO.
Power of Attorney Partnership eliminates trips to the chamber by authorized use of the Chamber Seal at the Oregon Business/Export Service Location. The savings of time, travel, and cost per document may more than pay for this partnership.